Zum Inhalt der Seite

Einzelposting: Now and Then, Here and There

Links hierher: http://www.animexx.de/forum/thread_5023/-1/10790469343562/
http://desu.de/fxDF5R-

Von:    Laton 29.07.2002 10:59
Betreff: Now and Then, Here and There [Antworten]

*dillyfähnchenschwenk* Ich lass mir noch ne passende Antwort einfallen. ;-)

So, aber gerade hab ich was interessantes fürs On-Topic gefunden. :-)

Hier ein Zitat aus einem anderen Diskussionsforum, dass ich ganz interessant fand:

"
Finally got my copy of the last disc in yesterday <insert much grumbling>.... Gotta say that I absolutely loved it.
I'm not going to go into reasons why, as it would mainly be repeating what's already been said. However, I do have
to put together a rebuttal for this post:

<<More damningly though, the character of Hamdo was nearly fatal to the entire series. For a show attempting to
illustrate the gray morality of war and the complexity of evil, using a deranged sociopath as a villain is just lazy. I
mean, duh! Hamdo's evil and we're supposed to hate him. I get it already. The show would have been far more
interesting with a villain you could almost understand. Good intentions, evil means. (Or more fascinatingly, vice
versa.) Instead, we get Hamdo, and I think to myself that we, as an audience, have been supremely cheated.>>

I seriously disagree with this sentiment. Hamdo was exactly what he needed to be. He is not the ultimate villain, he
is merely the catalyst that allows us to see the range and complexity of evil that springs up around him, the
backdrop against which the other evils become more poignant.

If you want a sympathetic villain, look at Nabuca. False faith allowed him to commit murder on a grand scale. Had
Hamdo been 'reasonable', his faith may have been justified, lessening the tragedy of his role.

For the evil of Loyalty, there is Abelia. She was quite competent, and apparently rational, yet she willingly obeyed
every command of a madman. The tragedy is not in trying to figure out why she would continue to follow his
murderous schemes (and I can think of several), but the very fact that it's possible to come up with an explanation
for her behavior at all. She was not following him because he was going to save the world. It is because there is
not some grand purpose beyond Hamdo's own paranoid megalomania that her actions are so damning, and so
terrifying.

Tabool by the end knows what horrors are being inflicted on people, yet is perfectly willing to support it. He goes
from blind loyalty to knowing accomplice. All the soldiers are supposedly aware (as evidenced by the solder that
infiltrates Zari Bars) of the apparent insanity of their leader, yet Tabool sees it as something to strive for rather
than endure. From his behavior at the end, I could easily see him eventually becoming the next "Hamdo". For that
matter, had Shu not triggered the events that led to Nabuca questioning his own actions, it would be easy to see
Nabuca falling into the role Abelia holds now.

Elamba shows the evils of Vengeance. With the full knowledge that Hamdo is completely mad, Elamba's quest for
vengeance is perfectly understandable, and perhaps even justifiable in modern heroic parlance. Yet his thirst for
revenge drives him to actions that only in scale are less despicable than Hamdo's. Had Hamdo been sane, Elamba's
actions would have been seen as more overreactionary, diluting the impact of the evil perpetrated for a presumably
good cause.

Sara's life is ruined simply due to the whims of a madman seeking his Holy Grail. There is no point or purpose, no
noble cause to soothe the wounds that were inflicted on her. Her life was sent through the wringer for no reason
except the whim of fate, the ultimate, random pointlessness of war.

If Hamdo turned out to be some sort of pseudo-hero in disguise, that would have destroyed much of the horror
regarding the actions of the other principals. Nabuca's faith would be justified, Abelia's loyalty understandable,
Tabool's ambition commendable. Elamba would become a pathetic hate-monger, and Sara's loss a 'justifiable'
sacrifice. It would have destroyed everything that the story was about."

Ok, Ring frei zur Diskussion. Seid ihr derselben Meinung?

Hier ist übrigens der Link zu dem entsprechenden Thread:
http://www.animeondvd.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=5583&forum=DCForumID1&viewmode=all

So, und jetzt muss ich leider wieder weg, weil die Arbeit ruft. *seufz*

cu

Laton

Zurück zum Thread